Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Possible "Big Red One" Fixed Bale M1

Article about: Saw this helmet at an antique fair in Central Illinois today and noticed it was at one time a front seam (the rim is gone but you can clearly see that it met in the front). I picked it up, t

Default Re: Possible "Big Red One" Fixed Bale M1

Quote by Caseydiggz View Post
    I do believe, with the much appreciated help of Bugme, I have cracked the code. The Red in the insignia that made me think that it was a "Big Red 1" was instead a small red cross about the size of a dime that the pacific theater corpsmen painted.

I know it is hard to tell from the pictures but now that i have pin pointed it it's actually quite clear.
    I don't collect helmets, but if I ever decide to, Scott will be the person I go to for input. His knowledge in this area is incredible, and his modest willingness to assist is a rarity amongst the extremely knowledgeable types. Note: I didn't say "experts" as I think he hates that word as much as I do.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Default Re: Possible "Big Red One" Fixed Bale M1

Quote by Steven M View Post
    I don't collect helmets, but if I ever decide to, Scott will be the person I go to for input. His knowledge in this area is incredible, and his modest willingness to assist is a rarity amongst the extremely knowledgeable types. Note: I didn't say "experts" as I think he hates that word as much as I do.
    That's because "experts" usually offer only criticism and not any kind of substantial aid outside of proving how pompous and rude they can be. By the way, thanks for the kind words Steve. You've helped me out in the past yourself, by offering knowledgeable assistance in the area of medals identification.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123