Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

possible navy helmet on ebay

Article about: helo, there is a navy helmet ending soon on ebay but i had some questions. do you think it is real? there are no pictures of the outer shell and i want one painted the blue color. also only

Default possible navy helmet on ebay

helo, there is a navy helmet ending soon on ebay but i had some questions. do you think it is real? there are no pictures of the outer shell and i want one painted the blue color. also only on side has a clip for a strap. what do you think? i havent gotten a reply with picks of the pot and it ends soon!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture possible navy helmet on ebay   possible navy helmet on ebay  

possible navy helmet on ebay   possible navy helmet on ebay  

possible navy helmet on ebay  

?

Default Re: possible navy helmet on ebay

The shell leans towards being ww2 vintage from the sewn on short strap and prongs, however unless you can see the outside and the rim you won't know for sure. The long strap is a later replacement but as ww2 shells were used well into Vietnam era then that's nothing to worry about.

The liner looks to be Korean War or even later, but that depends on its stamped markings.

Doesn't really say Navy to me, but I could be wrong.

Oli

Mate, abandon ebay.

I agree with all oli says.
    Looks like it has a front seam . And perhaps its been blue but looks like it has been painted rusty brown on the outside judging from paint on the rim.
    Save your money for now until a good one comes along, unless its going for peanuts.
    Rod

mate their is not enough evidence just scrap it on this one unless you can pick it up for like 30 bucks !!

This is my navy lid, I was selling it but I loved it waaaay to much, I'll eat pasta until money isn't tight rather than sell.. Hahahahaha
    possible navy helmet on ebaypossible navy helmet on ebaypossible navy helmet on ebay

was that helmet the one on ebay a little while back? i was going to put in an offer but orgot all about it. and to everyone the helmet is at almost $23 with no bidders

?

I hear people complain a lot about ebay it really depend on where you look I good some real great deals on there and I believe that there is good deals to be had on ebay but not much german items are good on there. The helmet seems to be a real mix match with an odd cover and red/gray paint I would leave it without seeing the full helmet

Yeah that was it, but another member talked me down from selling it and I'm happy he did. And it seems like you really like the helmet in question, and if that's the case I say just go for it. $23 isn't all that much if you really like it. I do agree you'd for sure need to see more but if its got your eye you might as well.

?

I've hesitated to say this, particularly to our younger members........but don't be in such a rush and take the time to educate yourself as to what is what. When you ask a question that isn't obvious to the uniformed, you've arrived and the question is well worth asking.
    Regards,
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast