Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Possible purchase for review

Article about: Hi I'm possibly interested in this helmet if it turns out to be ok, this will be my first ww2 m1 if I go for the purchase.

?

Default Possible purchase for review

Hi I'm possibly interested in this helmet if it turns out to be ok, this will be my first ww2 m1 if I go for the purchase.

Attached Images Attached Images     

Helmet's fine don't know about the markings!nice even wear set.!

It appears that the shell has been re-painted with a lighter shade of green. The paint is darker between the legs of the buffalo and around the edges. but apart from that it seems fine.
    Books published to date... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack - Andersonstown'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

?

Thanks guys for the feed back, I didn't notice that Harry , it looks as tho the stencil has been masked off then the shell repainted.

looks like it could be a decal

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    It appears that the shell has been re-painted with a lighter shade of green. The paint is darker between the legs of the buffalo and around the edges. but apart from that it seems fine.
    It's a decal, hence the darker appearance to the paint! That said, whether the decal is period applied or not is another matter and one that when it comes to M1's I am not qualified in any respect to comment on. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    It's a decal, hence the darker appearance to the paint! Leon.
    Forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand the logic of that. I agree that it is likely to be a decal, but what has that got to do with the darker shade of green paint between the legs and around the edge of the motif?
    Books published to date... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack - Andersonstown'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand the logic of that. I agree that it is likely to be a decal, but what has that got to do with the darker shade of green paint between the legs and around the edge of the motif?
    I think it's a clear area of decal between the legs of the buffalo, it makes the paint look slightly darker Steve!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I think it's a clear area of decal between the legs of the buffalo, it makes the paint look slightly darker Steve!...
    Its OK Gunny, I think I'm losing my marbles. I'm thinking of 'stencil' and saying 'decal.' Being a decal makes perfect sense. Now you know why I came 34th out of a class of 35 at school!

Just wanted to add if anyone has a copy of "Helmets of the ETO" there's some 200 hundred pages of various painted examples!all were free hand applied!the stencil and decal transfer technique is seen from the early 50's,there may well be examples to correct me but until that shows up i'm gonna be staying with what i've already stated above.!

Check out the USMF they have a great painted/camo/medic/unit marked etc,all examples are hand painted.!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast