Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pre war M1 helmet shell

Article about: by moaning minnie I presume chickie the 2 pics you provided are not yours?I could be wrong but there's no texture on the lid,also there are area's of paint that look a little too glossy to b

Default Pre war M1 helmet shell

Just wanna hear what you guys think of it, and the paint in front of it with the star. Is it real ? and what does it mean if its real? anyone know some documentation if yes? can you guys sent me a link please?

Thanks

(need to correct something I think its postwar not pre war,english is not my mother language)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqF,!hcFBuwRE!FIBQsm4iD9Qw~~60_85.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	432958   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16h,!)sE9swmcM7dBQsm4W5d3g~~60_85.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	432959  

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Pre war M1 helmet shell

Looks to be 2nd Infantry division.There should be an Indian head in the shield, although the shield is different for the 2nd..if its a rear seam it would be late ww2-Korea era.

it has a nice look, I think it could be real and from the 1950's Korean War era

Quote by NCA View Post
    Looks to be 2nd Infantry division.There should be an Indian head in the shield, although the shield is different for the 2nd..if its a rear seam it would be late ww2-Korea era.
    Its hand painted thats for sure, and I saw a photo too and indeed there was a Indian on it too
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote by battle gear View Post
    it has a nice look, I think it could be real and from the 1950's Korean War era
    Yes that was what I thought too,but still.... can't find anything about the painting upfront the lid..

nice helmet looks late ww2 or korean war era .not sure about the emblem though. regards

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    nice helmet looks late ww2 or korean war era .not sure about the emblem though. regards
    Well I was sure you were a M1 expert Jank, so should I buy it then? its only 5 euro ( too bad that posting this item cost 6.75 on top of it )

Excuse me for speaking out of turn but looks like cheap knock up "euro clone"!!!!!!

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Excuse me for speaking out of turn but looks like cheap knock up "euro clone"!!!!!!
    Thats okay Minnie, don't worry about it. I would like to hear honest thoughts. I like war helmets but when I can't find any info about it I ask you guys. So honest thoughts thats what I wane hear

I presume chickie the 2 pics you provided are not yours?I could be wrong but there's no texture on the lid,also there are area's of paint that look a little too glossy to be "US"made,this just doesn't give off a good vibe for me,I.M.H.O!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast