Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Project M-1 fixed bail helmet

Article about: hiya guys this is a project M-1 ive been doing for a little while know & i think its finally completed. i started with the shell bought for around £50 the chin strap i had for a while si

?

Default Project M-1 fixed bail helmet

hiya guys

this is a project M-1 ive been doing for a little while know & i think its finally completed.

i started with the shell bought for around £50 the chin strap i had for a while sitting around from another lid i bought from a flea market but the helmet was no good so i removed the chin strap for later use, the liner again came with another helmet which was about £30 but it was again a clone helmet so i kept the liner which is a WESTINGHOUSE make so i put these togehter with the shell to make a complete helmet & finished it off with a WW2 era net for £12.99 & 1943 goggles £4.99.

hope ive dont it justice, as for the name & number in the liner not sure about them not really taken the time to see if they're real.

stage 1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Project M-1 fixed bail helmet   Project M-1 fixed bail helmet  

Project M-1 fixed bail helmet   Project M-1 fixed bail helmet  

?

Default Re: Project M-1 fixed bail helmet

stage 2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Project M-1 fixed bail helmet   Project M-1 fixed bail helmet  

?

& finally stage 3

all in all its taken about 9 months to get all the bits to put this one together

Much better and it now makes a great display

Cheers, ade.

?

cheers Ade

its been a bit of fun now on to the next one i have a really nice liner thats awaiting to be reunited with a shell so ya never know

Hi nick,
    Well done mate that makes a great display piece, the net and goggs, set it off a treat. I think the nine months were worth waiting for, and now on to the next one,. Your collection must be growing good now.
    dave.

?

cheers dave

its starting to come together but i'll soon have to put collecting on the back burner as ive been asked to be my brothers best man at his wedding so im going to start to try & save some money for that now

?

Nice display helmet Nick. It's fun to collect but sometimes you just have to get your hands into it and have fun building one like this.

?

cheers scott

it was alot of fun finding the parts & putting it together the only thig is if i ever sell it i'll have to take it apart again to sell as pieces in case it goes to someone who'll try & sell it on as "named vet bought original hemet" & con some poor schmuck !!!!

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    cheers scott

it was alot of fun finding the parts & putting it together the only thig is if i ever sell it i'll have to take it apart again to sell as pieces in case it goes to someone who'll try & sell it on as "named vet bought original hemet" & con some poor schmuck !!!!
    You've got that right Nick,and I'll bet they would say it was bought from a vet's estate...anyway it looks great,job well done...Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast