Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ques Collection -- US M1 Korean War

Article about: Hello, Here is US M1 Korean War Paratrooper Helmet. This one confuses me a little. Not the helmet itself, but what I have found about the name on it. I goodled the name and instantly got a h

Que
    ?

Default Ques Collection -- US M1 Korean War

Hello,
    Here is US M1 Korean War Paratrooper Helmet. This one confuses me a little. Not the helmet itself, but what I have found about the name on it. I goodled the name and instantly got a hit for a gentleman who died in 2006 in NY. The obituary stated he was a Lieutenant in the 45th Inf Div during the Korean War. I'm thinking this has to be the guy what are the odds, he was and Lt, there is an 2nd Lt rank on this helmet. The problem is this. The 45th was a Oklahoma National Gard unit. This Helmet is marked for the 11th Airborne, 89th Airborne Field Artillery. I guess it is possible to go from one to the other. something just does not fit. I'll keep digging. So anyway here is the helmet. If there is anything you can confirm or deny for me that would be great.

US M1 Korean War Paratrooper
    Liner has para snaps and Factory fitted 'A' straps (mounted under the rest of the webbing), and is stamped by Westinghouse. Steel is stamped 1164 J and the seam is in the rear. Is it original? I really want to think it is. If there is anything you can confirm or deny for me that would be great.

Ques Collection -- US M1 Korean WarQues Collection -- US M1 Korean WarQues Collection -- US M1 Korean WarQues Collection -- US M1 Korean WarQues Collection -- US M1 Korean WarQues Collection -- US M1 Korean War

There's a top bloke over at USMF called Mike Whitehead,Airborne is his specialty,he can tell you more hopefully........