Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about a Texture of an M1 helmet

Article about: Hello, I've had an M1 shell here for quite some time, with a pretty rough one Texture. It seems like nutshells were processed here??? Can you say something about this painting? Is he overpow

Default Question about a Texture of an M1 helmet

Hello,

I've had an M1 shell here for quite some time, with a pretty rough one Texture.
    It seems like nutshells were processed here???

Can you say something about this painting? Is he overpowering us american?

I took the pictures in daylight. II took the pictures in daylight. I hope you can see the color well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about a Texture of an M1 helmet   Question about a Texture of an M1 helmet  

Question about a Texture of an M1 helmet   Question about a Texture of an M1 helmet  

Question about a Texture of an M1 helmet   Question about a Texture of an M1 helmet  

Alright, so: It's a front seam helmet. The cork used on it probably was just larger than normal, or it has been resprayed and recorked (which it kinda looks like it).

Further thoughts and opinions are welcome, as I am a starter in the American helmet collecting, knowledge, etc!

Repainted/Recorked most likely as the corking is way too sparce,to be factory appied.

Thank you very much. Can you say when that was done? Period?
    Regards

my guess it could be refinished in the 1970's 1980's

thank you