Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?

Article about: by devincu I am trying to help a friend of mine who is closing his WWII museum after 20 years and he is a WWII vet whois 95 years old so to him a M1 is an M1 and he was letting them all sell

Default Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?

I am trying to help a friend of mine who is closing his WWII museum after 20 years and he is a WWII vet whois 95 years old so to him a M1 is an M1 and he was letting them all sell for 150.00 to whoever wanted to buy them. Well I think a few paratrooper helmets got away before I got involved but I am no expert but I do know that there are some that are worth more than others. I have what I think is a WWII M1 Navy helmet with fixxed bales and a front seam. Also there is a W in the top of the liner so I am sure it is westinghouse. It also appears to have the original cammo cover. I was wondering if anyone could tell me any more about the helmet and what it might be worth. It is sad that the economy has forced him to close the doors but if I can help him from getting taken I want to. Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?   Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?  

Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?   Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?  

Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?   Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?  

?

Default Re: Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?

In the warmans book it says that the exact same type of helmet +cover but no blue paint can go for 650-850$. Its a first pattern cover by the way.

?

I have no clue what the blue paint means. this is what my ww2 westinghouse looks like
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?   Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?  

Thank you very much...and he has several of these. Looks like I need to throw some on ebay for him!

The helmet is definitely WWII I think it is the same with the liner. Not sure on the cover though, is there any markings inside the cover? It may be later than WWII, the first pattern camo covers did not have slits in them, either way I would be interested in buying this helmet.

I am no expert on these helmets so wait for other more experienced opinions before going forward.

Alec

?

he can make some major bucks on those helmets ive seen just the fixed bail+liner on ebay go for about 150-250$ plus the cover it will sky rocket. The funny thing is i only payed a total of $29 on my fixed bail i bought the helmet for $9 and the liner for $20. I got a huge deal for that

Well someone told me that the Navy painted their liners blue. I don't know if that is true or not? I was about sick when I found out he let some paratrooper helmets with the D bales go for 150.00 They had the leather chincups which I think go for around 150 by themselves. Thanks again!

?

No problem, I would be screaming if i herd that, those helmets could go for thousands if they had everything on them.
    Ryan

Sounds like this vet might make some more money than he expected. You should post up the other helmets he has if you have a chance, I always like to see original WWII M1's.

Alec

The UN ( United Nations ) paint their helmets light blue.

The liner may be a late 50's type, and it looks like it could be a 'put-together' lid.
    Also the cover may or may not be WWII or Korea vintage, but a reproduction
    as it's new condition does not match that of the shell itself.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast