Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rarity of M1 helmets and liners.

Article about: around the bottom of the entire pot has a funky green if that what you meen but i see what looks like sort of a camo look.

Default Rarity of M1 helmets and liners.

I have read some other threads and had two questions about a helmet liner and pots. I wanted to know what a typical price for a IMP liner and a fixed bale pot would be. Thanks.

Default Re: Rarity of M1 helmets and liners.

Somewhere around $200 for a nice fixed bail set, that is saying without any insignia or unit markings and this is with the imp liner. Just my opinion on a reasonable price.

What about for each separate. And my fixed bale has the circle were the old medic symbol was present.

?

Quote by patches3 View Post
    What about for each separate. And my fixed bale has the circle were the old medic symbol was present.
    Pictures would make it easier.
    Regards,
    John

Ok but I am not home so they will not be good as they are the pictures when I got them. The liner had no nape strap or head band but I added ones that are correct to the liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rarity of M1 helmets and liners.   Rarity of M1 helmets and liners.  

Rarity of M1 helmets and liners.   Rarity of M1 helmets and liners.  

Well that medic insignia looks fairly new when compared to the rest of the paint on the lid, and the helmet has for sure been repainted. A plain fixed bail with chain straps is about $70. IMP liner completed is about $60-90, maybe more, maybe less depending on shape. Fixed bail no straps and no insignias is about $40 in good shape and original paint. But like John said, post some better pictures and we can help you out bud.
    Brian.

K, will do when I get back.

ok, so here it is. i have posted this pot when i purchased it and have been waiting since i have been away to get it. so i am goin to answer some questions about it and ask some of my own. first off, in the photos attached the red cross as an add on but is ageing with the helmet. you can see that there useed to be a white circle which was probably a medic sign. there are other colors found on the original paint and it has some cork. i have put a IMP liner in it that i have added a repro chinstrap for now. i am waiting for my sweatband and pot chinstraps for the pot. ok, now for my questions. i put pictures of the iside n and i think the numbers are 90C. it is a mccord and i dont have the book helmets of the ETO so i wanted someone to date it for me. secondly how late do you think the red cross was put on? thank you and sorry for the long message. this may be posted on more than one thread so forgive me if you see it more then once.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rarity of M1 helmets and liners.   Rarity of M1 helmets and liners.  

i forgot to say if you want any other pics just tell me!

Now that I can see pictures up close it does look a lot better. Is it the lighting or is the paint under the cross a brighter green? It almost looks like someone may have stripped some of the paint of the helmet? If the cross is repro it was a done awhile ago IMO, but I've seen the same shade of bright green in small places on the helmet. Maybe I'm seeing things but have a look.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast