Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

real or fake M2 airborne helmet

Article about: Gentlemen I hate to say it but this real or repro situation is only going to get a lot worse as time goes on, there so many m1 shells out here that I feel that many will be turned in M1c's a

?

Default Re: real or fake M2 airborne helmet

Gentlemen I hate to say it but this real or repro situation is only going to get a lot worse as time goes on, there so many m1 shells out here that I feel that many will be turned in M1c's and M2 helmets as the years go on, the next logical step is take once J Murray and others run out of wartime shell is to take genuine post war rear seam m1's and turn them in WW2 front seam production again this only requires the minimum of tooling and the contacts of a steel fabrication company or milling company, and I'll bet you can buy the stainless rim material straight of the shelf. Oh then of course the Chinese (bless them) have now started press brand new shells yes there total crap at the moment but just give it time and a fussy western client.

So my advise treat all M1’s as suspect, messed with and faked unless you have very good evidence to the contrary.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Default Re: real or fake M2 airborne helmet

Quote by Nige H View Post
    Gentlemen I hate to say it but this real or repro situation is only going to get a lot worse as time goes on, there so many m1 shells out here that I feel that many will be turned in M1c's and M2 helmets as the years go on, the next logical step is take once J Murray and others run out of wartime shell is to take genuine post war rear seam m1's and turn them in WW2 front seam production again this only requires the minimum of tooling and the contacts of a steel fabrication company or milling company, and I'll bet you can buy the stainless rim material straight of the shelf. Oh then of course the Chinese (bless them) have now started press brand new shells yes there total crap at the moment but just give it time and a fussy western client.

So my advise treat all M1’s as suspect, messed with and faked unless you have very good evidence to the contrary.

Nige.
    Thank you for the info.
    chris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4