Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Real US M1 Helmet with real Captain Emblem and Unit Rank?

Article about: Stumbled across a Rear Seam M1 that a seller claims is original World War 2. It has Captain's bars along with a follow me bar. Obviously many of us are aware of how rare a Captain's helmet i

Default Real US M1 Helmet with real Captain Emblem and Unit Rank?

Stumbled across a Rear Seam M1 that a seller claims is original World War 2. It has Captain's bars along with a follow me bar. Obviously many of us are aware of how rare a Captain's helmet is, but add it has 3rd Infantry painted on the side. I almost never buy painted helmets for this reason, most are fakes or reproductions. I have very serious doubts about this helmet, and many things don't look right, but for $14.00 from a guy who claims to know little about them I figured I might as well give it a second opinion. Your thoughts as to the originality of the paint? Chinstraps don't look right either. Just figured I would ask since it was cheap, maybe get lucky.
    Real US M1 Helmet with real Captain Emblem and Unit Rank?Real US M1 Helmet with real Captain Emblem and Unit Rank?Real US M1 Helmet with real Captain Emblem and Unit Rank?

?

Default Re: Real US M1 Helmet with real Captain Emblem and Unit Rank?

All bad. Avoid. Even at that price.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Amen

What a pile of ....save your money.............Jake.