Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Real WWII Helmet?

Article about: There is an auction on Ebay for a WWII helmet with liner and straps. I want to place a bid on it, but I wanted to ask for some opinions on whether it was WWII or maybe later. Thanks Link: Or

Default Real WWII Helmet?

There is an auction on Ebay for a WWII helmet with liner and straps. I want to place a bid on it, but I wanted to ask for some opinions on whether it was WWII or maybe later.

Thanks

Link: Original WW2 STEEL HELMET w/liner & straps World War 2 - eBay (item 380347957362 end time Jun-23-11 08:06:08 PDT)

Default Re: Real WWII Helmet?

I am not an expert, but I am thinking that it might be a helmet, that has been refurbished for use in the Korean war. I would say that the clip on chin straps are post war. The shell looks like it might be a ww II front seam, swivel bale, that has been repainted for use in Korea. The liner webbing, looks more Korean war era, with it's darker green colour. If I am wrong, please correct me.

All the best
    Stig Erik

?

Looks like a W.W.2 front seam shell that they modified by adding swivel bails. Balance is way post W.W.2. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

It was last refurbished in the 1980's with that chinstrap configuration, the last c/s system used before the switch to kevlar lids. The liner is at the earliest Viet Nam era. It is not what I would call a WWII helmet, even if the shell was first made during the War. Hope this helps. Jim G.

?

don't waist your money on that one its a post war piece of junk so save your money till something better comes along

Agree with the other posters. Pass and wait for a better helmet.

Thank you guys. I will let this one pass