Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

reasonable prices?

Article about: Hello! This is my first thread and if there are threads on the subject already feel free to redirect me. I bought 3 "M1 helmets" years ago, then my collecting paused until recently

Default reasonable prices?

Hello! This is my first thread and if there are threads on the subject already feel free to redirect me. I bought 3 "M1 helmets" years ago, then my collecting paused until recently. With the help of this forum i concluded that none of my helmets are "real". All euro clones. I decided to look around for a new one. I live in Sweden and i rarely come across any helmets around here and when i do they seem expensive.. But looking at sites like ebay some of the prices seems high even for a nice one. So im wondering if i am way off after all these years? And what is a reasonable price for an "OK" standard infantry helmet, no super markings, special quirks or "BoB paratrooper autographs"?

Hope my question make sense

/Robin

Might want to avoid ebay.
    A US site..."collectortocollectormilitaria" has a few M1 for sale normally. They range in price from $250-$400. There are a couple of other US sites that get them frequently. This is for of course just a complete, basic M1
    D.

Thanks for the answer! Seems reasonable. I know ebay is what it is, i just havent found all the good sites like tha one in your reply yet. What made me react was listings of like, westinghouse liners starting out at 20$, shells (a bit messed up) 22$. And the next listing a Shell with westinghouse liner 2,500 $ + 30 bucks for shipping since i live in scandinavia. Just felt like "that escalated quickly"

E bay is fine if you know what you are looking for do your research, shipping from the US will kill you sometimes as much as the lid cost, there are from time to time UK items for sale also France but again learn the basics, have a budget in mind and stick to it.