Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Recent M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam Find

Article about: I recently found this M1, Front Seam, Fixed Bale helmet on Craigslist. I don't know a lot about them. I have never seen one with a cloth patch glued on the front. Is this a later addition? T

Default Recent M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam Find

I recently found this M1, Front Seam, Fixed Bale helmet on Craigslist. I don't know a lot about them. I have never seen one with a cloth patch glued on the front. Is this a later addition?

The steel helmet is stamped "101D" in front. It has Khaki colored chin straps with brass clasps

The liner is stamped "Capac" in a cross shaped emblem both horizontally & vertically. It is also stamped "7" and underscored. It has a yellow circle with "IMSP" with a 2 under it painted on. The straps are khaki with a leather head band. Someone has written "B2990" in pen or marker on one strap.

What can you tell me? I only paid $10.00.

Recent M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam FindRecent M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam FindRecent M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam FindRecent M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam FindRecent M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam FindRecent M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam FindRecent M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam FindRecent M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam Find

Default Re: Recent M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam Find

Interesting, nice WWII fixed bail that looks like someone modified post war...
    Id give you 20$ for it :P (I think 10$ was a good deal)

The patch is a post-war addition - possibly in memory
    of service - or glued on by a kid in the 50's/60's.

For $10, you can't lose.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Any idea what the yellow circle with "IMSP" & 2 inside of it means?

Great buy for that sorta money,nice original set apart from the patch,why can't we have lids like this here in the UK,what ever the circle means it has nothing to do with production,maybe a field depot or station,who knows................Jake.