Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reference: Unissued example front seam fixed loop m1 helmet heat lot 299a

Article about: Here is my unissued FS FB M1 Helmet McCord heat lot #299A. This helmet would have been made in approximately October 1942. It is in mint condition with packaging paper. I am posting this hel

Default Reference: Unissued example front seam fixed loop m1 helmet heat lot 299a

Here is my unissued FS FB M1 Helmet McCord heat lot #299A.
    This helmet would have been made in approximately October 1942.
    It is in mint condition with packaging paper.
    I am posting this helmet to give you all an example of what a perfect unissued M1 Fixed Loop should look like.
    I have seen may post asking questions about what paint or texture or how a liner should look.
    This is meant as sort of a reference.
    I am not belittling anyone here as I am sure there are many experienced collectors on this forum who probably know more than I about M1s.
    This is more intended for the less experienced who end up getting an M1 and later find that it was repainted or parts are missing from the liner.
    This is what they looked like from the factory.
    I get a lot of help on this forum when I need info about German items (I am really not an experienced collector of German items but I do like their helmets and Pickelhaubes and I get advice here often).
    My main area of expertise (I dont consider myself an expert but I do know a little about this stuff) is the US M1 helmet.
    So, this is my chance to give back by contributing to the M1 section of this forum.
    I hope this helps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reference: Unissued example front seam fixed loop m1 helmet heat lot 299a   Reference: Unissued example front seam fixed loop m1 helmet heat lot 299a  

Reference: Unissued example front seam fixed loop m1 helmet heat lot 299a   Reference: Unissued example front seam fixed loop m1 helmet heat lot 299a  

Reference: Unissued example front seam fixed loop m1 helmet heat lot 299a   Reference: Unissued example front seam fixed loop m1 helmet heat lot 299a  

More photos

- - ------- - -

More photos INCLUDED
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reference: Unissued example front seam fixed loop m1 helmet heat lot 299a   Reference: Unissued example front seam fixed loop m1 helmet heat lot 299a  

?

That is so nice.

Beautiful Helmet,I remember the ebay guy that sold crates of these and Liners un-issued a few years back,was this one of them?

No.
    I got mine before all that in a trade.
    His weren't as nice.
    The liners were missing items and I believe his were swivel loop helmets.
    His also didnt come with the packing paper.