Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Repro Tiger Stripe M-1 Camo Cover

Article about: ever since i see pics of this type of cover in use i wanted one but it seems these are very rare as Ive never seen an original come up !! normally these days i tend to stay away from repros

?

Cool Repro Tiger Stripe M-1 Camo Cover

ever since i see pics of this type of cover in use i wanted one but it seems these are very rare as Ive never seen an original come up !!

normally these days i tend to stay away from repros but in the case of this type of cover i decided to give in the search for an original & pic up a good repro instead not sure how this compare to an original but it does look pretty good
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Repro Tiger Stripe M-1 Camo Cover   Repro Tiger Stripe M-1 Camo Cover  

Repro Tiger Stripe M-1 Camo Cover   Repro Tiger Stripe M-1 Camo Cover  

Attached Images Attached Images Repro Tiger Stripe M-1 Camo Cover 

Default Re: Repro Tiger Stripe M-1 Camo Cover

Looks good to me. Were these just a special forces thing or general issue? I'm the same, I dont like repros in general but if it is something I like that is too expensive to afford, I will live with a repro.

?

cheers mate

to be honest i know very little about these types of covers i think they were a private purchase thing so maybe anyone that wanted one could get one ?

Oh well, either way, it looks cool. And as the pic shows, they were definitely used. Judging by the M14s being carried, I would say that the guys are Marines, or at least the photo was taken early in the war.

CBH
    ?

Being a life magazine image , it should be dateable .
    Cheers

?

i found that pic over on USMF & the poster thinks it date about 1965 did US advisors ever use VN tiger camo helmet covers? - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum