Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Repro WW2 USMC cover

Article about: hiya Willyslancs the chromed one is pretty cool original WW2 era covers have shot up in price since the airing of the HBO mini series The Pacific you can expect to pay well into the hundreds

?

Talking Repro WW2 USMC cover

hiya guys

this is a repro first pattern WW2 USMC cover that ive had for a while & it kinda looked out of place in the display so i had a go at aging it up a bit & now it looks so much better
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Repro WW2 USMC cover   Repro WW2 USMC cover  

Repro WW2 USMC cover   Repro WW2 USMC cover  

Repro WW2 USMC cover  

?

Default Re: Repro WW2 USMC cover

Oh my God! You're kidding aren't you, that's not a repro is it. Well if it is, you did a great job at aging it. How did you make it so thread bare. Ray

Quote by NickD View Post
    hiya guys

this is a repro first pattern WW2 USMC cover that ive had for a while & it kinda looked out of place in the display so i had a go at aging it up a bit & now it looks so much better
    Yes, Please describe how you did the rips and bare threads etc. I have a repro SS camo cover I would like to do the same. Maybe some crooked cuts with a razor and then a wire brush to fray them?....and of course careful washing and fading. Creativity and artistry has a big part also with doing this.

Very nice job by the way.

Regards, Steve

Looks great. Nice work.

?

thanks for the comments guys

well guys what i did was to put it on a shell use a cheese greater (the small holes) run it around the edge making it worse in some areas then when i got the desired effect run it through the washing machine & i also left it outside for a while through all weathers as well which also helped.

Quote by NickD View Post
    thanks for the comments guys

well guys what i did was to put it on a shell use a cheese greater (the small holes) run it around the edge making it worse in some areas then when i got the desired effect run it through the washing machine & i also left it outside for a while through all weathers as well which also helped.

Ahh Yes....the cheese grater. Good idea, those small holes easily snag material. Thanks for letting us know.
    I washed my SS cover a couple times, and wire brushed it, also sprayed with a hose while on the helmet and let it sit in the weather and sun, but it needs holes and snags like yours though.

Think I will do a B4 and after post when I get it done sometime.

Regards, Steve

?

ya welcome mate & good luck let us know the outcome when ya sort it

ArchangelDM
    ?

Hi Nick
    i have just bought a pacific camo cover and i wanted you to have a look at it please , i paid £85 can u please tell me if i got a good deal ??
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Repro WW2 USMC cover   Repro WW2 USMC cover  

?

its fake !!!!
    Last edited by NickD; 07-06-2010 at 03:58 PM.

what kind of money are right ones going for? . like the chromed helmet in the pics , my mate has one too .......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast