Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A salty M1 helmet

Article about: Thanks Nick, I'll probably end up getting a repro WW2 Marine camo and have it aged and abused to match the wear on the helmet

Default A salty M1 helmet

So, after being taken to the Emergency Room in the middle of the school day yesterday, I thought I'd I go to the local surplus store today and look at the recent shipment of Israeli M1's and found this in the pile. It's a late WW2 M1 shell with a Korean war helmet liner, with a newer liner band. Just need to get a nape strap and a VN cover and it'll be complete Has four stress cracks but those hardly bother me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A salty M1 helmet   A salty M1 helmet  

A salty M1 helmet   A salty M1 helmet  

A salty M1 helmet   A salty M1 helmet  

?

Default Re: A salty M1 helmet

looks to be a very nice Korean war era M-1 is the chin strap hardware painted green ?

I believe the chinstrap hardware is painted a light olive drab green, don't have it in hand right now but I can confirm that when I do

?

if that's the case then these are normally associated with KW era M-1s so i would be tempted to either source out a 1950's cover or leave as is but that's just me

Nick, are the KW camo covers just a OD green color? I see there's on on ebay right now but I just wanted to be completely sure

?

What do you mean "salty"?

I used the term salty as to say it's a well used helmet that been slightly 'abused' in a way

?

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Nick, are the KW camo covers just a OD green color? I see there's on on ebay right now but I just wanted to be completely sure
    they look like WW2 PTO covers but they have an EGA stamped on them (see below)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A salty M1 helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images A salty M1 helmet 

That's one eye catching camo, but those look pretty hard to get a hold of though from what I'm seeing

?

they're much easier to get hold of then the WW2 version & much cheaper but its your lid its up to you what you do with it may try & get an early NAM cover or even the plain OD green covers will do the trick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast