Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet

Article about: This helmet was on EBay, the pictures were bad and the seller did not sell very many military items so I took a chance and won the helmet for 27.00usd. I posted the bad pictures from the lis

Default Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet

This helmet was on EBay, the pictures were bad and the seller did not sell very many military items so I took a chance and won the helmet for 27.00usd. I posted the bad pictures from the listing and my indoor pictures.
    The helmet is a sb front seam, heat stamp 100j. The helmet has a sand finish.The liner has a lot of names on the webbing and is a Firestone ww2 issue.
    The helmet had a stripe on the top that look to be put on with a marker and the black paint and rank was applied at the same time. The main base color seems to be gray. I really think it is a kid used helmet and that was my thought when I bid but the price was good.
    What are your thoughts? Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet   Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet  

Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet   Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet  

Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet   Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet  

Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet  
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 10-16-2015 at 04:01 AM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Default More

More
    Attached Images Attached Images Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet  Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet  Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet  Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet  Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet  Sb ww2 reissue navy camo kids helmet 

Any thoughts if it is a kids play helmet, bad fake, or possibly good( not likely)?

Marty

I see I am the only one responding to my own post. I just need someone else to say it is a kids helmet, or not. If it is I may strip it to see if the OD is still there.

Liner has the vent hole so that looks WW2 as you said. Chin strap is post war. A front seam shell should be WWII as well but I think all the paint and marker stuff is just junk. I would check to see if the OD color is underneath. It has been played with for sure! NH

Looks like it was a USN helmet, VN period?

Front seam should be WWII. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Front seam should be WWII. NH
    The seam certainly does not effectively state when it was last used or refurbished. As I am sure you know, the front seam US shells were certainly manufactured during WWII, but many, and especially those that were unissued, were used in post WWII US wars and many other situations. I have a US WWII made shell that (eventually) was issued to a late 1970's Australian cadet. The chinstraps on this shell are almost certainly post WWII and I would agree with Rene at this point. Cheers.

Thanks for the quick response, yes the helmet is ww2 1943-44 my guess. The helmet went through a reissues possible Korean War era or early Vietnam with it having the sand finish and green clips.
    The helmet does have the navy gray color but has no wear, and maybe a should not have removed the stripe I don't know. I am still on the fence at the moment on removing the paint.
    Marty

It is an interesting helmet that's for sure. The liner alone is a good buy here. Green painted hardware on chinstraps usually points to Korean War era refurb - Its a very early shell mate, would have been a fixed bale originally. 1942 I believe. Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast