Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Short" Helmet

Article about: Hello All,While I was sorting out more piles of items for charity and yard sales in the room which will ultimately become my war room,I moved some of my items into a less cluttered area and

Default "Short" Helmet

Hello All,While I was sorting out more piles of items for charity and yard sales in the room which will ultimately become my war room,I moved some of my items into a less cluttered area and found a helmet I haven't seen in a while so I thought I would share some pictures I took a while back.I obtained the helmet from a vet who had served in Vietnam and gave it to my friend who had been a squad leader at the same time, to give to me. I thought some children had messed with it but he told me that his friend had painted it and explained the odd decorations. Definitely the opposite of camouflaged paint,I was told it was a common custom for soldiers who were almost done with their tour of duty, or "Short" In a deliberate kind of defiance painted their helmets with an array of slogans and artwork which was supposed to stand out like a sore thumb, as if to suggest they were invincible!! (Or Suicidal?) in any case the superstition worked! in this circumstance anyway.
    Perhaps someone else has something similar to share.Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Short" Helmet   "Short" Helmet  

"Short" Helmet   "Short" Helmet  

"Short" Helmet  

Nice one, reminds me of this one that sold on eBay in 2010
    "Short" Helmet
    "Short" Helmet
    Here it is in Vietnam

Very nice helmet! Even nicer with the Photo of it ! Thanks for sharing Regards,Geoff