Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

So I want to buy a US M1 helmet?

Article about: So I want to buy a US M1 helmet to go with my British MkIV, my British/Irish MkII and my totally fake repro M42. Having read through all the forums and checked out the internet. I'm a little

?

Default So I want to buy a US M1 helmet?

So I want to buy a US M1 helmet to go with my British MkIV, my British/Irish MkII and my totally fake repro M42. Having read through all the forums and checked out the internet. I'm a little at a loss. I would like a proper US helmet, nothing special perhaps Vietnam era or earlier. I don't want to get caught with an Austrian, German, Belgian etc etc. One that saw service with a bit of luck would be nice. There are no local dealers selling such things and if there were they would probably be clones.

So can anyone give me any tips on buying a quite ordinary US M1? Nothing expensive or rare, no providence needed. Reputable sellers? What kind of price range are we talking about? What do I need to look out for?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: So I want to buy a US M1 helmet?

I have a Korean War Era US M1 that saw action, and is 100% complete, and I got it at a military surplus store. That comes to show you that they aren't terribly hard to get, but I was pretty lucky to get mine in the condition it is at a surplus store.

So if you have any surplus stores around your area, i suggest you go there.

Regards,
    Finn

?

That's the problem. The few military surplus stores we have here in Ireland are more into selling new gear with a few modern surplus uniform items. The closest I saw was an Austrian helmet. So it would have to be bought overseas.

?

ebay is a good place to pick up M-1's you can get some good bargains from time to time pretty much my whole collection is from ebay

i have 1 M-1 that i was going to sell but this is a late 70's to early 80's set up these were pretty much the last type of M-1 used before the introduction of the Kevlar helmet i'll be more then happy to post pic's if ya want to take a look at it

?

Yes I'd be interested, thanks. An earlier one would be more interesting though.

?

ok here ya go it has a 1976 dated liner a 1982 dated cover the shell heat stamp is 6871. you are right the earlier M-1's are more interesting & these versions are more common & easier to come by so let me know if ya interested if not no worries
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture So I want to buy a US M1 helmet?   So I want to buy a US M1 helmet?  

So I want to buy a US M1 helmet?   So I want to buy a US M1 helmet?