Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Someone got lucky on Ebay!

Article about: Mind you andy even if the liner was a repro,that as we know is about \\$140,plus the shell and chinstraps for free then half that for \\$74 there's no way would i complain and neither would you

Default Someone got lucky on Ebay!

I was just browsing Ebay when I came across someone selling a complete helmet for $74. A closer look showed a not so remarkable helmet with a very, VERY nice complete Hawley liner. I immediately hit the buy it now button only to be beat by someone else who was a second faster. Here's the listing. Have a look and share my pain.

Item #221125072600

Someone got lucky on Ebay!

Default Re: Someone got lucky on Ebay!

Looks bit repro to me.

Was that the only picture?
    If it is real some one got lucky.
    chris

?

There are tons of repros out there lately and Hawleys can be a bit of a mind field.

?

It's real.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I saved the photos from eBay so they can be seen before they are deleted by them:

Someone got lucky on Ebay!Someone got lucky on Ebay!Someone got lucky on Ebay!Someone got lucky on Ebay!Someone got lucky on Ebay!Someone got lucky on Ebay!Someone got lucky on Ebay!Someone got lucky on Ebay!Someone got lucky on Ebay!Someone got lucky on Ebay!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

: o and they shipped worldwide!! Wish I had seen it. : o

I wished I hadn't seen it! Or that I'd seen it a few seconds before the other guy. Still kicking myself over this one. So close!!!

How can you tell the repro hawleys from the real McCoy?the ones on ebay even get the rim rubbed down to look worn,i cant tell just looking at that one pic the differance,especially in that conditon,regards minnie.

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    How can you tell the repro hawleys from the real McCoy?the ones on ebay even get the rim rubbed down to look worn,i cant tell just looking at that one pic the differance,especially in that conditon,regards minnie.
    Good question Min. There are a few things that lead me to believe this is an original though. Firstly, the seller is a seller of general stuff, not militaria, which leads me to believe he/she had no idea what they had.
    Secondly, with the repros selling for around £100, why would they sell the liner and a nice early pot for $74.00?
    Or maybe they screwed up, and the price should have been $740?
    I think what is happening here is that the later added sweatband makes the liner look a little odd, but it is rare to find the original rayon sweatband in good condition if at all, they were very flimsy and often replaced.
    I cannot be 100% sure it's an original, but I think it is. I have an almost identical one, and I will post some pics for comparison when I am able.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast