Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Something a bit differant!!!!!.

Article about: Been messing around with differant looks etc,not to say this may not have been worn in this configuration but doesn't look too bad I hope,anyway Fixed Bale with 3rd Pattern mosy veil with a

Default Something a bit differant!!!!!.

Been messing around with differant looks etc,not to say this may not have been worn in this configuration but doesn't look too bad I hope,anyway Fixed Bale with 3rd Pattern mosy veil with a rather small (15x15) net that I bought off ebay and it doesn't bloody fit,the chance you sometimes take,anyway please have a look and tell me whether it looks the nuts or a pile of c...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something a bit differant!!!!!.   Something a bit differant!!!!!.  

Something a bit differant!!!!!.   Something a bit differant!!!!!.  

Something a bit differant!!!!!.  

Dare say this is exactly the configureration some enterprising GI would come up with ,If i'd deen that GI would have had a pack of lucky strikes under that band haha , cheers Paul

?

I think it look's very effective Jake, I have one of these USMC covers fitted to an M1, but never thought to put a net over the top like you have. Great experiment mate, and a pity that net does not fit

it looks nuts mate of the mutts Variety ,fair doos on a job well done and a huge thumbs up from me i am reassured to see your m1's front brim shows more the veil than the cover ,i thought it was just mine with a shrunken fit to the material ,but why are they so short ? i have a feeling im not alone especially now
    Last edited by James C; 02-22-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks James for stopping by,I spent years trying to acquire this type of net and when I did its too small,this size is featured in more ETO pics than the small mesh British type and yet they seem so rare,anyway i'm going to find a replacement and then hopefully things may look a liitle better,and yes your right the mosy does come up short on the Lid,weird one that,would have thought someone might have tried one on before mass scale production fully started...........

a pleasure mate ,youve done this helmet proud ,in fact if you hadnt mentioned the short netting id never of noticed ,its nothing that detracts from what is a great set up and display piece ,i take it you had to cut little slots for the chinstrap ,its a shame to do but its real hard rolling it up enough around the bails and getting a clean look ,keep up the great work james

it has the look of something a ARVN or South Vietnamese soldier might have used
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something a bit differant!!!!!.  

Yes James I had to stick the knife in Bud,shame really but there's no other way of getting it to sit right,I'll live with it,case of having too i'm afraid..............