Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Stainless Steel M-1 Shell?

Article about: I am assuming this to be a parade type helmet and liner. The shell is stainless steel and lacks a rim on the edge and has absolutely no markings. Not even sure if it is military issue howeve

Default Stainless Steel M-1 Shell?

I am assuming this to be a parade type helmet and liner. The shell is stainless steel and lacks a rim on the edge and has absolutely no markings. Not even sure if it is military issue however, the shape is a near exact match to a M-1 helmet shell. I think the black paint is the handy work of my kids friend, who owns this helmet. I don’t think this helmet has any significants or value and I’m not looking to purchase, but I’ve never seen a stainless steel M-1 shell and didn’t find anything about them on a Google search, so I thought I’d post it in hopes that someone might know something about these, if there is anything to really know. The liner is white plastic and has been chromed. The webbing is very unsubstantial, as can be seen in the photos, obviously for very limited us.

Regards,

Russ

Default Re: Stainless Steel M-1 Shell?

I think it is a parade helmet, there is one around me that the seller wants $90 for, its been on CL awhile.

Alec

Default Re: Stainless Steel M-1 Shell?

90 Bucks? WOW! I figured these to be $20 novelty items at best.....but I could be wrong! Than again, that one on CL hasn't sold either The kid that owns this want's to swap my kid for a surplus russian gas mask he paid $10 for I think.