Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Variation of Mitchell M1 Cover - Looks like Ozcam??

Article about: I am trying to figure this one out. The cover really looks more like an Australian camo pattern, and not like any Mitchell cover I have yet seen. I understand that there were Ozcam M1 covers

Default Strange Variation of Mitchell M1 Cover - Looks like Ozcam??

I am trying to figure this one out. The cover really looks more like an Australian camo pattern, and not like any Mitchell cover I have yet seen.

I understand that there were Ozcam M1 covers made in very small lots but surely not back in 1968?
    Attached Images Attached Images Strange Variation of Mitchell M1 Cover - Looks like Ozcam??  Strange Variation of Mitchell M1 Cover - Looks like Ozcam??  Strange Variation of Mitchell M1 Cover - Looks like Ozcam??  Strange Variation of Mitchell M1 Cover - Looks like Ozcam?? 

Sorry mate can't see a problem,everything as it should be.

It's not ozcam it is Mitchell!....
    USA - Camopedia

Strange Variation of Mitchell M1 Cover - Looks like Ozcam??

Thanks gents - I had a moment

Really not used to seeing these displayed on the 'sand' side.

They are quite similar in hindsight.

All the best!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Variation of Mitchell M1 Cover - Looks like Ozcam??  

?

That side of the camo wasn't that good in the boondocks.
    I think I remember seeing some ARVN wearing it that way. But that has been a river of whisky and an ocean of beer ago.

Default Mitchell camo brown side out

some US soldiers wore the brown side out in VN.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Variation of Mitchell M1 Cover - Looks like Ozcam??   Strange Variation of Mitchell M1 Cover - Looks like Ozcam??  

?

When you were dug in at a base camp some wore that side of the camo. People out in the brush wore the green side out so they wouldn't stand out.
    1 picture doesn't prove a hell of a lot as far as what was worn on a regular basis.