Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

T1 Chinstraps

Article about: Which was the first T1 chinstrap buckle type? Flat black? Glossy black? Green painted? Anchor stamp with any of the above? Best Regards, Andy

?

Default T1 Chinstraps

Which was the first T1 chinstrap buckle type?
    Flat black?
    Glossy black?
    Green painted?
    Anchor stamp with any of the above?

Best Regards,

Andy

?

Default Re: T1 Chinstraps

T1 Chinstraps

a

Is this a friday nite quiz?count me in..........Jake.ps wots the pic about???

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Is this a friday nite quiz?count me in..........Jake.ps wots the pic about???
    LOL, no quiz, and no trick question, I just want opinions. The information I get from the internet varies so much, I cant make sense of it.
    I have a Marine Korean era lid. It has green painted buckles, with an anchor. I just want to know which was the first type of T1
    made in44, and who made it, so I can get some for the lid.
    Simples.

Andy

T1 Chinstraps

could you possibly post a pic of the buckle and the attachment to the bales please............Jake.

?

But of course!

T1 ChinstrapsT1 ChinstrapsT1 ChinstrapsT1 Chinstraps

Ok Andy IMHO mate,someone has been a bit naughty with those chinstraps....the bale connectors are genuine korean first postwar type steel with light olive drab,the buckle has been added at a later date,probably the webbing and buckle go together and usually get added to the helmet bale clasp as this is the easier option rather than trying to add the buckle,sorry this is quite frequently seen on M1'S however when and by who I cannot say for sure,these connectors are sold on ebay in job lots,thats my opinion on the matter regards........Jake.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Ok Andy IMHO mate,someone has been a bit naughty with those chinstraps....the bale connectors are genuine korean first postwar type steel with light olive drab,the buckle has been added at a later date,probably the webbing and buckle go together and usually get added to the helmet bale clasp as this is the easier option rather than trying to add the buckle,sorry this is quite frequently seen on M1'S however when and by who I cannot say for sure,these connectors are sold on ebay in job lots,thats my opinion on the matter regards........Jake.
    Yup, but which ones were the 1945 issue?
    EDIT. I want to put it back to 45 spec.

Andy

Too late 4 me right have included pic J Murray reconditioner found old stock T1 war dated but only hook and claw as these were purely replacement parts not production line items so no bale clasps maker "UNITED CARR" no surprise there all the best..........Jake.
    Attached Images Attached Images T1 Chinstraps 

?

Thanks Jake!

Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast