Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?

Article about: Hello everyone, I came across these helmets and was wondering if you all could lend me some knowledge. The darker shell is a Schlueter and the other only has a number stamped in the front. b

?

Default Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?

Hello everyone, I came across these helmets and was wondering if you all could lend me some knowledge. The darker shell is a Schlueter and the other only has a number stamped in the front. both are front seam. That is as far as my knowledge goes. I was wondering if the paratrooper liners are WW2 issue or not, from what i can figure out is they are westinghouse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?   Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?  

Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?   Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?  

Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?   Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?  

I think the liners have a chance.
    These are a mine field.
    First make sure they have the Westinghouse logo in the crown.
    And if it were me, I would like to have seen detailed outside and inside pictures of the rivets on the "A" washers that hold the para "A" frames to see if they were newer looking than the rest of the liner, Plus to check if the painted rivet heads match the original factory paint. same goes for the female snaps.
    The buckles are difficult to tell bad from good due to the fact they must have had many moulds.
    Some times if you compare the stitching of the cross bars on the "A" frames to known originals you can tell if there repo.
    Im no expert pictures and compare are the main things to do.
    Rod

?

There is the symbol in the crown of the helmet liner and the rivets look to have never been touched. The person I got these from did not have an Idea or care what they were. They were just sitting on a shelf in their store for I believe $89 but I purchased them for $60 a piece. I mainly collect German items but I had to take the chance on these.

?

Wow I just googled the guys name and # and found him. He was federalized with the 27th inf div in 1940 and got out in 1945. Amazing. I have some more research to do.

I think you have scored there. At that price I would have taken the chance and bought them as well. Wish I could find one at bargain price. But unfortunately they don't turn up very often over here.
    Bonus with the name. Good luck with your research.
    Regards
    Rod

?

Thank you for your input Rod, i feel very fortunate to have come across these.

Mocked up Infantry Helmet sets enhanced to Airborne conversion to add serious value to the sellers pocket,why O why does this wonderful hobbie continue to be tarnished by the usual unsavory crook,of coarse i could be completely wrong but thats my opinion.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Mocked up Infantry Helmet sets enhanced to Airborne conversion to add serious value to the sellers pocket,why O why does this wonderful hobbie continue to be tarnished by the usual unsavory crook,of coarse i could be completely wrong but thats my opinion.
    He got them for $60 each.

Yeh right good on him them,case closed.

Even if they are "churched" up a bit 60 bucks is okay. You need way more detailed pictures for a complete assessment... Mostly of the areas where the Paratrooper conversions were done. RuddersRangers is the name I look for on opinions on M1s here, his opinion should not be taken lightly... But again, for 60 bucks I too would have snagged them up with little worry.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast