Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts of another USMC helmet

Article about: Hi guys, Can I ask you what you think of this USMC helmet. The cover looks like a good ww2 period cover if you ask me but what do think of the paint on the shell. It is a front seam shell an

?

Default Thoughts of another USMC helmet

Hi guys,

Can I ask you what you think of this USMC helmet. The cover looks like a good ww2 period cover if you ask me but what do think of the paint on the shell. It is a front seam shell and the seller claims that it has been repainted with period marine collar. I would also like to hear what you think of the TAC markings on the beach side of the cover.

Cheers
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts of another USMC helmet   Thoughts of another USMC helmet  

Thoughts of another USMC helmet   Thoughts of another USMC helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts of another USMC helmet  Thoughts of another USMC helmet 

?

Default Re: Thoughts of another USMC helmet

There is no such thing as a period marine color. The color is a forest green color that is not military.
    I would like to see a close up picture of the beach side center seam stitches on the camo cover to give a yes or no.

Alex all wartime M1's were painted factory olive drab with cork granules regardless of where they ended up being issued,the cover is the only differance between the ETO and the PTO or even the MTO...wait for nick or others to comment on the stitching....Im not likeing it at all with that paint scheme...Jake.

?

Paint looks rather fresh

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Paint looks rather fresh
    Agree
    Regards,
    John

?

As regards the markings on the cover, I have one similar. The cover was judged good here, but the stitching on the seam on the underside will need to be seen on the one above.
    The overpaint on the pot is modern though.

Andy

Edit. There are TWO covers in the bottom photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts of another USMC helmet   Thoughts of another USMC helmet  

?

I asked the seller for a picture of the beach side center seam stitches. Here is the picture. I think I will make a pass on the helmet. The shell is clearly repainted pretty recently.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Alex

- - Updated - -

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts of another USMC helmet