Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on this helmet

Article about: Any thoughts on this helmet? Kids helmet, possible ARVN helmet, just a camo?

Default Thoughts on this helmet

Any thoughts on this helmet? Kids helmet, possible ARVN helmet, just a camo?
    Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts on this helmet  Thoughts on this helmet  Thoughts on this helmet  Thoughts on this helmet  Thoughts on this helmet 
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

My goodness. Kind of strange looking thing you got there. It appears to be a front seam WWII era shell with the sewn on chin strap intact. Some inside photos would be nice. I cannot comment on the paint scheme but it appears to be an amateur application. NH

Neil, thanks for the reply it is a nice fixed loop helmet but it does have a very strange paint camo. I do wonder if it may have be used by another country.
    Marty

Tough one to guess but ARVN stands a chance

Any other thoughts? Is it that bad or just a mystery?

It looks wrong to me and and it has the appearance of someone trying to recreate a German WW1 camo scheme maybe someone was trying a practise run shame they did on this helmet though. But I can honestly say I've never seen a paint scheme like this on any M1. I maybe wrong I'm sure others will comment
    PS where's the paint stripper

M1 camo helmet from WW2 - REAL OR WHAT? - U.S. Militaria Forum Done a quick little search and found this. Hope this helps

The bright green does not fit in with the other colors at all IMHO. If the other colors were deemed okay by someone more experienced than me, I'd still think the green was a recent addition. Minus that it is an interesting pattern!

Thanks for the comments. I am still on the fence about the helmet but I did put in an offer that I can live with if I get it and it turns out to be bad.
    Marty

Good luck Marty I hope it's the real deal for you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast