Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts of M1 fixed bail helmet with captain bars

Article about: No doubt about the helmet is good but what do you think about the painted captain bars? I wonder about that deep scratch it got trough the bars. Isn’t it strange that you can still see the w

?

Default Thoughts of M1 fixed bail helmet with captain bars

No doubt about the helmet is good but what do you think about the painted captain bars? I wonder about that deep scratch it got trough the bars. Isn’t it strange that you can still see the white paint in the areas of the scratch? Doesn’t it seem like it has been painted after the helmet got the scratch :clue:

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Cheers
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts of M1 fixed bail helmet with captain bars   Thoughts of M1 fixed bail helmet with captain bars  

Thoughts of M1 fixed bail helmet with captain bars   Thoughts of M1 fixed bail helmet with captain bars  

Thoughts of M1 fixed bail helmet with captain bars   Thoughts of M1 fixed bail helmet with captain bars  

Default Re: Thoughts of M1 fixed bail helmet with captain bars

I like the color along with the wear in comparison to the helmet. Just my humble opinion. I am not a M1 collector, therefore I am going purely on paint/wear; not known examples.

You could always argue that it was painted ww2 time, over a scratch that was there before he turned captain. But that would be a long shot. This is why I treat any painted helmet as plain when buying as its hard to prove either way.
    It doesn’t fill me with confidence when you see all the model making tools in the background.
    And the pot chin looks a bit sus.
    Rod

I wouldn't dwell on it too much,if the captain bars are original then thats a bonus other than that you still have a nice complete early M1regards Dave.

Sorry Alex if it is yours. They must be your modelling tools in the back ground. Thought they were sellers pictures.
    As Dave says its still a nice helmet, you will be able to tell better than me about the chinstrap.
    Sorry
    Rod

?

It is not my helmet (at least not yet )

I think I will make a pass though. I am looking for a one locker M1 with captain or sergeant bars and I don't think it is this one. I guess it is going to be hard to find.

Thanks for all your thoughts about the lid.

Cheers
    Alex

cool helmet its a shame theres not way to actually prove they were done in the war could easily be done post .cheers