Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

three m1 helmets for 100 bucks

Article about: Ok, I'm meeting this guy tomarrow to buy these helmets from I offer up lol. Ever since I bought my first m1 helmet ( hawley) I need another one, haha. So I'm going to do it. His dad is selli

Smile three m1 helmets for 100 bucks

Ok, I'm meeting this guy tomarrow to buy these helmets from I offer up lol. Ever since I bought my first m1 helmet ( hawley) I need another one, haha. So I'm going to do it. His dad is selling all of his stuff. I know 100 bucks for all is a good deal period I just wanted your thoughts. These pictures where from them. My house is a lot cleaner. This is my last purchase for helmets so I won't be bugging anymore

A really good deal. I would love some close up when you get them, I am interested in seeing the one with the 10 on the front. It looks like an navy E-5 helmet.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Yeah, I was curious about that one but I figured most of those painted ones are fake

Hey thinking of it, shouldn't it be turned upside down? I cannot find a rake that matches it

Yes its a fine deal to be honest the swivel loop with the "10" is where your money is going,that alone is a ok price for a complete wartime pot minus the leather chinstrap,the other 2 ain't worth much,with time if you want to move up the M1 ladder these lids will be swept aside for higher more pricey examples,you started off with that top draw Hawley set please don't slide down the slippery slope of buying 2 bit lids that won't fetch hardly any return on your cash,trust me this path was once taken by someone i know,oh yeh me,yes there cheap as chips,but they are bottom end draw and there are thousands of these hanging around,only my opinion,been there got the T shirt.

It makes sence. I figured they are solid examples. I will buy the helmet with the 10 on it, what is that reference too?.

Nevermind, they txt me today and said they looked up the prices and they say one helmet is worth more then what they originally wanted. The one with the number 10 they say is worth more then 130, I told them well good luck. Forget it, I'm not paying full retail for it if it's even worth that

?

The one with the 10 is actually the navy rank of chief E-7. To bad about the price change!!

It might have belonged to a member of this

MCB Ten Seabees

Semper Fi
    Phil

I now it's to bad, but like I said I don't want to pay full retail for it. Almost got away with it !! He is like a young teenager from the looks of his pic so now he thinks he has gold. Thanks for the link I tried looking it up. I'll Google some images and see if I can find it

I wasn't having a dig,just trying to make you aware that if you continue to purchase low end lids like these you simply end up with a cupboard full of average Helmets with no chinstraps and repaints,better to a few great examples than 100 average,the greed gets to folk i'm afraid,just keep searching thats all you can do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast