Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Top shelf example of a Vietnam period M1 Helmet.

Article about: Hi guys with things being a little on the slow side,thought I should inject some smiles quickly,here's one I do like,minty all round,all parts dated btween 1965-1973,Don't usually show the M

Default Top shelf example of a Vietnam period M1 Helmet.

Hi guys with things being a little on the slow side,thought I should inject some smiles quickly,here's one I do like,minty all round,all parts dated btween 1965-1973,Don't usually show the Mitchell desert side as the stitching is awful however this 1970 made version has nice straight triple linked so decided to display as such,hope this helps to inspire the newbies to pursue this iconic 20th century deep steel pot.
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 05-07-2015 at 03:18 PM.

?

Nice cover Jake I have always being fond of the Mitchel covers and have two on display on my own M-1 helmets the one showing the desert side of the cover I have seen them used as such in period images from Vietnam in the dry season being worn either by soldiers on patrol in the grass lands and or at a couple of fire bases.

Regards Mark

?

Very nice Jake, the cover appears to be on the short side, or is it the shell being extra deep, either way a classic helmet and camo cover, many thanks for showing another well photographed and detailed M1 -Model.

cracking example all round jake and i agree on it being a top shelfer ,i wish my mitch cover fall side out was as mint Top shelf example of a Vietnam period M1 Helmet.

Thanks guys for the positive comments,firstly Gary yes your absolutely right the "deep cut" is a little too deep,however this may well be from one of the unknown makers and as such may have got there dimensions a little off,james nothing wrong with your Mitchells at all Bud,its all down to personal choice and so on,some like salty while others like graffiti,or minty types,its usually the early dated one's that fetch the higher prices rather than the overall condition of the later made covers.just a thought Gary maybe cotton/twill stretched when wet so if this cover hasn't been on a Helmet then that might explain the shortful,or i am i just talking poo.

?

[QUOTE=James C;1390603]cracking example all round jake and i agree on it being a top shelfer ,i wish my mitch cover fall side out was as mint

Very nice pairing James, especially with all the accessories and personalised items, I think the beach side cover looks great, the colours are still quite vivid.

?

"just a thought Gary maybe cotton/twill stretched when wet so if this cover hasn't been on a Helmet then that might explain the shortful,or i am i just talking poo."

No not all Jake, I think there are examples out there that have been manufactured with too deep a cut out , and some too shallow, I have an early Mitchell that has been made on the shallow side and the original owner cut holes through the material to fit the chin-straps through, I have a feeling the later issued covers were made on the long side, hence the shell shows through like yours

?

Quote by James C View Post
    cracking example all round jake and i agree on it being a top shelfer ,i wish my mitch cover fall side out was as mint Top shelf example of a Vietnam period M1 Helmet.
    I'm a bit confused as to why you have cold weather pile cap helmet liners inside Vietnam helmets where it was awfully hot in that country. The camo one came out during the 1980's.

please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion caused denfly cheers james Top shelf example of a Vietnam period M1 Helmet.Top shelf example of a Vietnam period M1 Helmet.