Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Tribute to my Father-In-Law

Article about: My Father-In-Law passed away April of last year. He was a WWII vet, having served with the 103rd Infantry Div. During his time is Europe, he was wounded by a piece of shrapnel, in of all pla

?

Default A Tribute to my Father-In-Law

My Father-In-Law passed away April of last year. He was a WWII vet, having served with the 103rd Infantry Div. During his time is Europe, he was wounded by a piece of shrapnel, in of all places, his ass. He often joked about that wound. He was awarded a Bronze Star fior his action during combat. He was very proud of his unit and was a strong supporter of the VFW.

In 1992, I had a M1 helmet painted with the 103rd insignia on the front, a Purple Heart on one side and a Braoze star on the other.I gave it to him for his birthday. It left him speechless.

This past weekend I was back in Wisconsin helping to paint the lake house he used to enjoy. There on a bookshelf was that helmet. I took the helmet back home with me where I will proudly display it with the many German suveniers he gave me. Pictures of the helmet are below.

A Tribute to my Father-In-LawA Tribute to my Father-In-LawA Tribute to my Father-In-Law

Default Re: A Tribute to my Father-In-Law

That one is irreplacable! He must have really appreciated the gift you presented to him so long ago. God bless him. Jim G.

The paintings are magnificent. I can see why he was speechless. Hats off to you for doing that and honoring his sacrifice.

Lovely helmet - and a nice tribute.