Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two new M1 helmets in my collection

Article about: I have bought these two in my oppinion very nice M1 helmets. As far as I can see they both have the original paint. Its one front and one rear seam, both with swivelbales. The front seam hel

?

Default Two new M1 helmets in my collection

I have bought these two in my oppinion very nice M1 helmets. As far as I can see they both have the original paint.
    Its one front and one rear seam, both with swivelbales. The front seam helmet has heat stamp 703 with puts it at around november 1943.
    From the begining it has been an fixed bale helmet.
    But i have a couple of questions on them, the rear seam (helmet to the left on the picture) has no markings what so ever and is a rear seam but with stainless rim,
    does anyone know when the where made?
    The front seam has a kind of hook i have never seen before, is it a field fix or could it be some sort of korea/vietnam replacement?
    I only collect ww2 things so im not very good at the later additions...

Thankful for your opinions!
    Jocke
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two new M1 helmets in my collection   Two new M1 helmets in my collection  

Two new M1 helmets in my collection  

as far as the rear seam hemet, the heat stamp probaly was stamped lightly so you cant see it. as far as the hook thing, are you talking about a chinstrap or heat stamp? more pictures would be great. great lids anyway, wish they had liners

?

Its the chinstrap im thinking about, you can see the strange hook on the picture!
    I have a all original Westinghouse liner made 44 that im using on the rear seam helmet, and im looking for another one for the front seam , but these are hard to come by in sweden.

ok, the hook is a late ww2 - vietnam hook. does it have an anchor?

It looks like a T1 type hook brought out I think mid 1944 maybe it is missing the ball joint on the buckle end, I have one like it I think missing its ball as well. On mine the hook appears to have painted green yet the buckle is black.
    From the close up of the front seam it does look like it has its original cork finish, I cant comment on the rear seam the pictures are to far away. The front seam might not have been a fixed bale there could be digit missing miss stamped.
    More people will chime in
    Nice pick up
    Rod

?

Here are some more pictures of the rear seam helmet.Two new M1 helmets in my collectionTwo new M1 helmets in my collectionTwo new M1 helmets in my collection Regarding the front seam helmet yes the hook is green but i cant see that there should have been a ball. The heat stamp on the front seam is extremely clear, and the swiwel bales look "replacement", so i think it has been an fixed bale from the begining.

/Jocke

Well the rear seam is most likely ww2,one of the first still having the stainless rim,and you are correct regarding the front seam,this was most likely a fixed bale,also the T1 ball and hook/buckle were issued in the field in late 44 and were used to replace broken parts,often seen added to straps with the original hook still in place,there are threads on here showing this configuration,regarding the rear seam the stamp may be extremely lightly marked hence why you are unable to see it.......................Jake.