MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. helmet,parachutists free fall, black manufacturer kings point co inc

Article about: i bought this about 15 years ago and am hoping that this can be identified as to age and branch of service.it was used for hi-lo or lo-lo parachute drops by specially trained troops for infi

Default U.S. helmet,parachutists free fall, black manufacturer kings point co inc

i bought this about 15 years ago and am hoping that this can be identified as to age and branch of service.it was used for hi-lo or lo-lo parachute drops by specially trained troops for infiltration under the radar.my usual searchs have not revealed much The helmet has a brown leather outer cover with 3 ribbed semi stiff inserts covered by black cloth.there is a separation between the cloth and outer cover which reveals a semi soft/hard inner rubber insert. the ear flaps have 3 small holes for wireless contact and at the back 2 flaps for holding goggles. i am hoping that the membership will have someone who has worn this equipment. it looks like the one worn by james bond in an early movie where he does a hi;low drop. there is a soldiers in white paint neatly done over the right eyebrow. thank you.
    "Never have a lot owed so much to so few"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S. helmet,parachutists free fall, black manufacturer kings point co inc   U.S. helmet,parachutists free fall, black manufacturer kings point co inc  

U.S. helmet,parachutists free fall, black manufacturer kings point co inc   U.S. helmet,parachutists free fall, black manufacturer kings point co inc  

U.S. helmet,parachutists free fall, black manufacturer kings point co inc   U.S. helmet,parachutists free fall, black manufacturer kings point co inc  

Default Re: U.S. helmet,parachutists free fall, black manufacturer kings point co inc

the photograph listing the manufacturers name and description listed the information above. the label was on the rear of the inside of the helmet.my computer needs a repair and drops information.i will have to get a quote on my my macpro laptop. i apologise to ade and the membership.
    "if something can go wrong, it will"

Default Re: U.S. helmet,parachutists free fall, black manufacturer kings point co inc

i found out from a google search, that the first official hi/lo free fall was in 1960. i assume that is the date of this helmet. i would believe that the man who wore it ,i still see at militaria shows and i would think that he is in his early 70's but that's a guess.