Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U.S. M1 Helmet - Opinions appreciated.

Article about: Yes. Have you any other thoughts on this thread Eric? Regards, Ned.

Default U.S. M1 Helmet - Opinions appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Opinions as to the originality of this M1 helmet would be appreciated. I personally have no wish to purchase it, but would like to know what is the general concensus on it from the helmet guys here. Pic's are poor, but that's all you get I'm afraid.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images U.S. M1 Helmet - Opinions appreciated.  U.S. M1 Helmet - Opinions appreciated.  U.S. M1 Helmet - Opinions appreciated.  U.S. M1 Helmet - Opinions appreciated. 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: U.S. M1 Helmet - Opinions appreciated.

The liner seems to be a Schubert (marked SH or SW in the liner top) product for the Netherlands army for it's M53 M1 clone. The nape strap is fixed on one side only with snaps. The colour of the liner seems to be greenish, wich was common in the Netherlands in the sixties.

The shell I cannot identify.

You are wise not to purchase it!

Cheers,
    Emile

Thanks Emile, I was thinking along not disimilar lines!

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

as Emile says the liner is not US & as for the paint job well even with those poor pics i can tell its all fake & a very bad job at that

Quote by NickD View Post
    as Emile says the liner is not US & as for the paint job well even with those poor pics i can tell its all fake & a very bad job at that
    Looks like someone is trying to make a few bucks off the fame brought about by Saving Pvt. Ryan.

Interesting.....This helmet is at present being advertised for sale as an original 2nd Division helmet on this forum. The vendor is a gentleman who goes by the moniker 'Admin'. I know that many fellow members here are, or have recently become aware of his astonishing number of posts hawking his wares.

This guy, who is apparently a forum administrator here, and I believe, if not now, previously a sponsor too, has posted well over 51,000 items for sale here since 2007.

My question is, if this single item is bogus, how many more of his other wares are too? In over 50 odd thousand I wouldn't mind betting there's quite a few, to put it mildly.

So what should be done about this? What do the mod's think about the situation, as it appears to concern an administrator of this forum? I believe that some members have been banned for similar practices, so where does this guy stand?

Finally, I know that this fella's posts have been a bone of contention with many members here today alone, for gawd's sake he's been averaging over 33 a day since 2007, the most prolific poster on the entire forum by tens of thousands. I know and appreciate that some of the mod's have been working hard to resolve the hundreds of posts that he has posted today alone, and applaud their efforts. But unfortunately it has not worked.

I personally think that 'Admin', whatever his position on this forum, should be banned, if not for his multiple postings, for his hawking of bogus items, that will cure ALL the problems regarding the situation and more.

What do other members here think? Am I going too far in my rash beliefs and thinking again? Discuss.

Regards, Ned.

Quote by big ned View Post
    as an original 2nd Division helmet on this forum.
    2nd Division or 2nd Ranger Battalion?

Rangers...Have you any view on the rest of the post? Thanks.

Are you talking about the Ebay links from Admin?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

to be honest, it looks like the repro 2nd rangers helmets that you can buy on websites like atthefront.com

Supposedly they are ww2 era steel pots w authentic liners, but they add the 2nd rangers paint scheme

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast