MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

U.S M1 liner with insigna. ID request

Article about: Hi to everyone! I got this U.S M1 liner time ago. It was in an M1 found in the middle of Italy. I am not able to find anything about it on the web. In the photos you can see the particular i

?

Default U.S M1 liner with insigna. ID request

Hi to everyone!
    I got this U.S M1 liner time ago. It was in an M1 found in the middle of Italy. I am not able to find anything about it on the web.
    In the photos you can see the particular insigna: a yellow round with, in the centre, a "L" (it is difficult to see but there is), do you know what kind of insigna is?do you know the company/battalion?
    Could you give more informations about liner?( material? type?)

Thank you very much.

P.S: it's possible to know the appropriate value?U.S M1 liner with insigna. ID requestU.S M1 liner with insigna. ID requestU.S M1 liner with insigna. ID requestU.S M1 liner with insigna. ID requestU.S M1 liner with insigna. ID requestU.S M1 liner with insigna. ID request

?

Nice early liner with rayon webbing. There should be a stamp on the interior top of the liner that identifies the maker.

As for the markings, there are a handful of theories as to what they represent and have been found on confirmed helmets used by multiple branches of service (Army, Navy, Marines). Considering where it was found, likely Army.

Here is a Google image search from usmilitariaforum with different variations:

https://www.google.com/search?q=yell...=isch&imgdii=_

?

To add, it appears to be a low pressure liner so likely manufactured by Hood or St Clair...

Nice semi-relic indeed,yellow circle maybe a Tank Destroyer unit,the liner is a St Clair,thanks for showing and welcome.........

?

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    Nice early liner with rayon webbing. There should be a stamp on the interior top of the liner that identifies the maker.

As for the markings, there are a handful of theories as to what they represent and have been found on confirmed helmets used by multiple branches of service (Army, Navy, Marines). Considering where it was found, likely Army.

Here is a Google image search from usmilitariaforum with different variations:

https://www.google.com/search?q=yell...=isch&imgdii=_

thank you very much! do you think that this type of liner is rare?

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nice semi-relic indeed,yellow circle maybe a Tank Destroyer unit,the liner is a St Clair,thanks for showing and welcome.........
    Thank you! I'm very happy to write on this forum, it's full of experts

Thats a very nice liner, with or without the insignia on the side. Needs to be completed though. Does it have a pot?