Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U.S WW2 M1 helmet.

Article about: Morning gents, firstly, sorry the images are not great, i only have a tablet to work with at the moment! I have not bought a helmet for a while, but i just picked up this nice M1 in super co

Default U.S WW2 M1 helmet.

Morning gents, firstly, sorry the images are not great, i only have a tablet to work with at the moment! I have not bought a helmet for a while, but i just picked up this nice M1 in super condition. The liner is a Westinghouse example and has taken one "sharp blow" at some point, but other than that, it is in immaculate condition with undamaged tan webbing strapping. Interestingly, one of the A washers is a green painted example whilst the rest are blackened, so i guess it was constructed at a "cross over" period. It retains a nice green buckle leather liner strap and is of course a front seem steel shell with swivel bales. The net i "adapted" to the same style as an example i used to own years ago, where the GI had used some of the excess string normally used to "sandwich" it between the shell and liner and made an ad-hoc tie cord with it!! Very creative and saves putting pressure on the liner and damaging the paint too. I hope you like it, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S WW2 M1 helmet.   U.S WW2 M1 helmet.  

U.S WW2 M1 helmet.   U.S WW2 M1 helmet.  

U.S WW2 M1 helmet.   U.S WW2 M1 helmet.  

Nice Leon, looking forward to better pics though.

Nice helmet and liner. Not sure about the green A washer, maybe a repair of some type early on? Only my opinion. Nice idea on holding the net on.
    John

What info is on the nape band? The leather sweatband looks very pristine for a WW2 issued liner, might have been re-issued in the 1950's?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    What info is on the nape band? The leather sweatband looks very pristine for a WW2 issued liner, might have been re-issued in the 1950's?
    Hi, the nape strap is hard to read, something like; AM STAY CO, then; WH-009 QM 166?? followed by MEDIUM. The sweatband is to blurry to read but all the metal fittings are of the early green type on that. Leon.

Very nice...everyone should have one !!
    D.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, the nape strap is hard to read, something like; AM STAY CO, then; WH-009 QM 166?? followed by MEDIUM. The sweatband is to blurry to read but all the metal fittings are of the early green type on that. Leon.
    Not sure about the contract number but from what I can see I'd say the liner dates from 1944, assuming the ends of the nape strap fold in under the studs?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Very nice...everyone should have one !!
    D.
    Yeah, had one once David and sold it, so it's about time i got another to sit alongside my Granddad's MKIII (turtle)D-Day invasion helmet! Leon.

MAP
    ?

a beauty Leon. Congrats. Love the net! A nice aged look to it.

I added a net to mine. It was period original but never issued so it is a bit too green in color.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I see nothing wrong with this set, looks like a nice ww2 helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast