Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

U.S WWII Mystery Helmet Liner

Article about: How many of these did they make? And what is the difference between the t19e1 and the t19e2 Thanks Ryan

?

Default Re: U.S WWII Mystery Helmet Liner

How many of these did they make? And what is the difference between the t19e1 and the t19e2
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

Damn, that is a sweet find. I want one now, to go with my M1938...

Nitram

?

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Damn, that is a sweet find. I want one now, to go with my M1938...

Nitram
    Yup, a rare desirable beastie. I bet there are none in the wild this side of the pond.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Probably not, a few may be in Korea, and I'm sure theres a bunch in the US. Gotta check fleabay I guess!

Nitram

?

I found this info from another post on this forum.

"The end of the war in Europe in May and the war against Japan in August of 1945 meant that not one of the completed “Liner, Helmet, M-1, Crash” ever saw action in World War II. The cessation of hostilities saw the War Department canceling defense contracts across the board. The helmet liner was quickly declared obsolete and the contract with MSA cancelled.

The War Department received notification in January 1946, that MSA had on hand 10,070 of the ‘Liner, Helmet, M-1, Crash’ that were already completed and that the Army was contractually obligated to purchase these completed liners. The Armored Branch took the 10,070 completed liners and issued them as a limited, standard item to training units until the early 1950s.

MSA followed procedures which had been approved for helmet liner manufacturers at the beginning of the war and took all remaining uncompleted and rejected ‘Liner, Helmet, M-1, Crash’ and fitted them with simple plastic strapping liners and sold them to retailers as children’s toys."

?

So your saying from this post that its very rare

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2