Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Unissued M1 Helmet & Liner

Article about: I thought I'd share a few photos from my helmet collection of a unissued late war Schlueter manufactured M1 helmet and Capac liner. I included a close up of the manufactuers mark and heat lo

?

Default Unissued M1 Helmet & Liner

I thought I'd share a few photos from my helmet collection of a unissued late war Schlueter manufactured M1 helmet and Capac liner. I included a close up of the manufactuers mark and heat lot stamp on the steel body. Also included a close up of the cork texture to give you an idea of what the cork looked like on a helmet before it became worn down with use. This liner has never had a headband or nape strap installed on it. Pictured with the liner are the unissued headband and nape strap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unissued M1 Helmet & Liner   Unissued M1 Helmet & Liner  

Unissued M1 Helmet & Liner   Unissued M1 Helmet & Liner  

?

Default Re: Unissued M1 Helmet & Liner

very nice indeed not easy to find these in unused condition these days looks great

Damn, very nice.

Very neat!

/Mick

?

About 3 years ago there was a treasure trove of these M-1's found in the U.S. still in crates. I don't know who bought them all but, they were flooding the market at that time. these have now dried up as collectors jumped on these very rare helmets like ants to a picnic. Your very fortunate to have one and a Schlueter at that!

can you explain to a layman when you say cork texture what do you mean ,is it coating applied to the steel via painting or spraying and is it made from cork ,sorry for the questions but i havent got a clue

?

the texture in the paint is made from cork & is sprayed on in the factory this was to help stop glare from the paint.