Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UNIT Crests on M1 Liner - Please assist

Article about: Good day gents. I recently discovered a marked liner within a WW2 Fixed bail M1 that I acquired. I have been scratching my head on the unit markings? Any assistance will be appreciated on th

Default UNIT Crests on M1 Liner - Please assist

Good day gents. I recently discovered a marked liner within a WW2 Fixed bail M1 that I acquired. I have been scratching my head on the unit markings? Any assistance will be appreciated on the unit that these might have belonged to. Kindest regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UNIT Crests on M1 Liner - Please assist   UNIT Crests on M1 Liner - Please assist  

I may be wrong but I do not believe that is US markings, I am leaning towards South Korea but I will double check unless someone beats me to it.
    I would like to see the inside of the liner and the helmet.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi Marty, helmet is fixed bail, front seam McCord. Liner is Capac with soldier's name. It definitely looks like a crest with the lion on top?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UNIT Crests on M1 Liner - Please assist   UNIT Crests on M1 Liner - Please assist  

UNIT Crests on M1 Liner - Please assist   UNIT Crests on M1 Liner - Please assist  

UNIT Crests on M1 Liner - Please assist  

Tried looking up the serial, but I don't think I'm seeing it correctly. It appears there are letters before the asn. Which makes me wonder if this is a post WW2 number.

Can you make out the name?

I see the lions head now.

I have done a closeup of the serial for you..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UNIT Crests on M1 Liner - Please assist  

Closeup of the crest...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UNIT Crests on M1 Liner - Please assist  

US members may put me straight on this one but this appears to show at the top a "Lion rampant couped" which although a common symbol accross the world I think is more likely to be European and unlikely to be of US origin. I have never seen this flash before but something at the back of my mind is saying Belgium.

I look forward to someone here identifiying it!!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    US members may put me straight on this one but this appears to show at the top a "Lion rampant couped" which although a common symbol accross the world I think is more likely to be European and unlikely to be of US origin. I have never seen this flash before but something at the back of my mind is saying Belgium.

I look forward to someone here identifiying it!!

Regards

Mark
    It’s not American.

I would like to see the buckle on the helmet and the straps.

I have seen some WW2 US crests with lions on top eg. 169th Infantry. Again not my area this one so I’m leaving it to your expert opinions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast