Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unusual

Article about: \\$2050.00 with five days to go....... Best Regards, Andy Edit: Had a message back from the seller. Seems he does not care too much about the link I sent him that NickD kindly provided.

?

Default Re: Unusual

$2050.00 with five days to go.......

Best Regards,

Andy

Edit:
    Had a message back from the seller. Seems he does not care too much about the link I sent him that NickD kindly provided.
    Last edited by aj4010; 05-02-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Personally Im on the fence on this one, there is so many fakes of these out their personally with someone with zero feedback and no prior selling history I would pass. IMHO - Nick K

?

Quote by nkumburis View Post
    Personally Im on the fence on this one, there is so many fakes of these out their personally with someone with zero feedback and no prior selling history I would pass. IMHO - Nick K
    Hello, nkumburis mate. Check out the thread that NickD provided.
    Need oppinions on a 517th lid - U.S. Militaria Forum

Don't know why on this one, but I have a real bee in the bonnet. I'm just old and crotchety I guess. Somebody is going to be relieved of a lot of cash shortly.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 05-03-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Just went through the USMF thread and they make some good points but I still stand by my earlier comment. - Nick K

?

For posterity.
    Sold. $5,700.

A
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Some people just have too much money.

I have never seen this type of 'camo' before. I know how it was done,
    just never seen them until now. Indeed, an unusual shade of green
    to use on a helmet.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-08-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

I can't say on originality but the net pattern is from the US made 44 net for my 2 cents
    Regards
    René

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I can't say on originality but the net pattern is from the US made 44 net for my 2 cents
    It certainly is. If you follow the link in the thread, you can see how the reenactor made it.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I feel sad for the reenactor, to have lost so much original stuff because of an idiot painter.

Nitram

?

The painted over net configuration was done in the early part of WWII. However, the net used to make the helmet in question was not used by U.S. troops and was not available until long after the time period in which this helmet would have been found. Conclusion: a fool and his money...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast