Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual liner fixing?

Article about: Hi all and a very merry Christmas! I have a question on the liner I've just acquired. It's apparently an early Westinghouse( no mark I can see inside) possibly WW2 with the front vent hole.

Default Unusual liner fixing?

Hi all and a very merry Christmas! I have a question on the liner I've just acquired. It's apparently an early Westinghouse( no mark I can see inside) possibly WW2 with the front vent hole. But what has me really stumped is the rivets fixing the webbing inside. There aren't any. In their place, there are what look to be very small but very original brass nut/bolts. The a washers are brass too.

The webbing is later, possibly 50s - one thought is that liner was updated fir Korea?

thoughts welcome if you can't face any more Turkey!

Default Re: Unusual liner fixing?

Hi Capitano and merry xmas to you too ,right i posted a thread a while back on a nice Belgian M1 clone dated 1967 the liner too was Westinghouse and sounds like the same configuration as mine from what i learned the liner is made by Westinghouse in the USA. Later this liner has been refurbished by The Netherlands, with new straps and sweat band. The straps were fitted with the unique Dutch (two holes?) screws. here's my example please let me know if its the same regards JamesUnusual liner fixing?Unusual liner fixing?Unusual liner fixing?
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:45 PM.

sorry forgot to say the liner isnt correct for my belgium lid it should be fitted to a dutch m1 clone this should be the westinghouse stamp on the liner crown have a good look Unusual liner fixing?

Hi Col James and thanks for the response. I think you have it . The only difference I can see is that yours has square nuts for the nape strap, mine looks as though it has the same nut/bolts throughout.

Incidentally, I bought this as it looked about the right era for a helmet I've acquired which was used in the Omaha Beach sequence in Saving Private Ryan (29th Div Insignia) The two fit together well. Perhaps at some point I'll update the webbing as the liner shell at least is in the right timeframe.

?

without any pics but at a guess if theres no maker mark then its a euro clone liner.

Nice link Nick this clearly shows nut and bolts used to fix all A washers on the clone liner also I've just learnt something about the maker of my latest clone purchase the Dutch M53 so thanks
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:46 PM.