MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual M1 helmet liner

Article about: Scratching my head with this one guys. Any ideas what this one is? It's missing any signs of a nape suspension ever being in this liner. Looks like a low pressure liner but unsure of this as

Default Unusual M1 helmet liner

Scratching my head with this one guys. Any ideas what this one is? It's missing any signs of a nape suspension ever being in this liner. Looks like a low pressure liner but unsure of this as no pics of the outside of the liner available. Rayon webbing with an unusual adjusting pull cord on the head band. The retaining washers on the webbing are not like anything I have ever seen. So my thinking on this is, it is either an experimental liner, a rejected liner rigged up as a child's toy or someone having a play around. Thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual M1 helmet liner   Unusual M1 helmet liner  

Unusual M1 helmet liner   Unusual M1 helmet liner  

Ain't a clue Ian,anyone want to take a guess!!!,looks like a high pressure liner'but nothing else is of US origin,could be a genuine rigger style D.I.Y jobbie,or oversea's,far eastern or south american,sorry can't be of more help.!

Really tempted to buy it, as it looks well used but by who is the big question.

It's a standard high-pressure liner, with the webbing from a Civil Defense helmet added.

USA DC
    A good link with pics of the liner webbing.
    I know the shape of the US civil defence helmets but never ventured to look at pics of the webbing inside thanks aef1917 for solving this one for me, as I had been looking at other variants of M1 helmets with other foreign countries