Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Helmet to identify please ....

Article about: Hello, Annoyed from this ads?   I bought recently from a family this helmet but I can't recognize the insigna. This helmet belonged to a French soldier having a Captain rank: In 1948, C

?

Default US Helmet to identify please ....

Hello,

I bought recently from a family this helmet but I can't recognize the insigna. This helmet belonged to a French soldier having a Captain rank:
    In 1948, Captain 6° Bataillon de Tirailleurs Sénégalais,
    In 1950-1951 Captain du Bataillon colonial de Saigon Cholon and
    In 1951, Captain 31° Bataillon de Marche de Tirailleurs Sénégalais.

A friend of mine told me that the insigna colors could match with the 3rd South Vietnamese recognition squadron. To my opinion, this soldier may have taken part in the 2 WW and then been sent to Indochina.

Best regards. Georges.

?

I can't help you with the insignia, but the liner is a very nice green earlier A-washer Westinghouse Para liner with the 5-hole chin cup. I love the set, and it is nice to see an M1 used by an army other than the US.

?

Thank you B24AT6 for the answer but could you explain me what is "the 5-hole chin cup".

Best regards.

Quote by deco06 View Post
    Thank you B24AT6 for the answer but could you explain me what is "the 5-hole chin cup".

Best regards.
    This refers to the chinstrap (aka chin cup) of the liner which has five eyeholes for adjustment through the buckle on each side.

I hope this helps.

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

OK thank you Mark.