Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

us helmet liner refurb kit question

Article about: hi guys ive a question ive recently purchased an m1 liner refurb kit with liner webbing nape strap etc but im not sure what tool i would need for fitting the A washers if anybody could advis

Default us helmet liner refurb kit question

hi guys ive a question ive recently purchased an m1 liner refurb kit with liner webbing nape strap etc but im not sure what tool i would need for fitting the A washers if anybody could advise or show the refurb steps that would be great kind regards james

Default Re: us helmet liner refurb kit question

anybody?

NCA
    ?

You need a thing called an 'eyelet setting tool'.You will need to find out what size though as eyelets come in all sorts of sizes.Its basically a steel rod with a small projection on the end which is the same diameter as the hole in the rivet.The rivet is put in place with the flat face on a hard surface and the tool is struck with a hide or rubber hammer.This curls the tubular rivet over holding the material in place.
    I hope that makes sense?!:0

brilliant nca thanks for the info much appreciated

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up Re: us helmet liner refurb kit question

Just a thought..youre doing a helmet liner right.I dont think you would be able to hit the tool properly because it would be inside the liner so it would work better i think if the tool is held in a vice and you hold the liner in one hand and strike the flat face of the rivet carefully.Maybe have some one hold a piece of dowel on the rivet and strike that to prevent hitting the liner.Its also better not to hit too hard because if you do its possible to bend the shank of the rivet before its starts to 'turn over'.
    I can see it in my head, its putting it into words!

i can visualize what your saying thanks again youve been a great help nca