Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US helmet without serial number and red triangle

Article about: by escouade hi well i finally got some news on this helmet , it never left the states, it is been in the family for a long time ,so no iriqi's hypothese, i will probably go for a training us

Default US helmet without serial number and red triangle

hi to all

i am new on this forum and this is my first post. i got this helmet a US WW2 Mc Cord helmet with fixed bail front seam ring , but without serial number or markings of manufacture? is this possible? and why? Also could anybody tell me what means the red triangle in front of the helmet? thank you for to help
    best
    escouade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US helmet without serial number and red triangle   US helmet without serial number and red triangle  

US helmet without serial number and red triangle   US helmet without serial number and red triangle  

US helmet without serial number and red triangle  

Default Re: US helmet without serial number and red triangle

Special Republican Guard: Definition from Answers.com

it could have been used by Iraqi Republican Guard, where did you get the helmet? they also used some US M1 helmets

Quote by escouade View Post
    hi to all

i am new on this forum and this is my first post. i got this helmet a US WW2 Mc Cord helmet with fixed bail front seam ring , but without serial number or markings of manufacture? is this possible? and why? Also could anybody tell me what means the red triangle in front of the helmet? thank you for to help
    best
    escouade
    Hi Mate.

Firstly welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay, I've got to say, I really like this lid,highly collectable piece.

M1's are normally marked, with a set of numbers/letters, known as a heat stamp.
    I have a Fixed loop M1, that is not marked at all either.

My guess is that it was probably a manafacturing oversight, and just did not get stamped, like yours.

Not too sure about the red marking,so I'm sorry I can not help you out,with the I.d. for this.

Hopefully you will get a lot of replies,which will be a bit more enlightening than mine.

hi gaz232sqn

thanks for you answer , so it is common not to be stamp ,it is good to know , this red triangle really don't know what is is ...but it is a genuine ww2 piece indeed surely not used by the iraqi's....got this from the States ..,
    cheers .

Hi, i also an m1 that i got here in portugal, hasnt got any markings what so ever, but the seller told me he bought in france years ago. that doesnt mean anything, about the triangle i dont know, but maybe battle gear is right it could be from iraq.
    Best regards
    Nuno

Hello mate
    Have a very close look at the Triangle, can you see any other colour on it, even a fleck?
    Cheers
    Dan

Hi Dan

i have checked it out closely , but can't see anything else than red , cheers
    Roger

Quote by escouade View Post
    hi gaz232sqn

thanks for you answer , so it is common not to be stamp ,it is good to know , this red triangle really don't know what is is ...but it is a genuine ww2 piece indeed surely not used by the iraqi's....got this from the States ..,
    cheers .
    Hi Mate.

Your very welcome, I would'nt say it's common,but definetely not unheard of, and yeah you've definetely got a genuine US ww2 lid, and very highly collectable at that too!!
    My advice would be to hang on to it, these are becoming rarer than hen's teeth.

Got any more lids to show, I would be happy to see them

?

Battle Gear may be right. What many people, who are too young to remember, do not realize is that in the late 70's and 80's Iraq was allied with the U.S. after the Shah of Iran was deposed. It was not a great alliance but, we needed someone on our side after we lost the the Shah as a friend in the Middle East. As a result, we sent tons of U.S. military surplus over to Iraq, including field gear, like helmets. Later, after we learned a hard lesson that Saddam Hussein was not our friend, we discontinued sending equipment. The Iraqis then cloned the M-1 themselves but, used a resin composite material to make theirs. These were vastly inferior to the steel version they had gotten from the U.S. So, only the elite troops got the best stuff including the superior steel pot. I think what you may have a U.S. Soldier trophy bring back from the first Gulf War. I'm pretty sure your looking at a Republican Guard helmet(U.S. made, Iraqi used). I can't think of anything in a red triangle used by the U.S. beside Armored but, as you can see below, there would be more colors involved than just red.
    Attached Images Attached Images US helmet without serial number and red triangle  US helmet without serial number and red triangle 

hi
    well i finally got some news on this helmet , it never left the states, it is been in the family for a long time ,so no iriqi's hypothese, i will probably go for a training used helmet ,red means, attack and bleu for defense
    cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast