Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Us helmet of WW2

Article about: It would be a major general's helmet liner with two star, except they are sloppily painted on. I doubt any general would find this acceptable to wear. The red insignia also appears to be jus

Default Re: Us helmet of WW2

It would be a major general's helmet liner with two star, except they are sloppily painted on. I doubt any general would find this acceptable to wear. The red insignia also appears to be just haphazardly brushed on and is not clear enough to show any unit insignia I am familiar with. I don't know of any helmets bearing a red ball express insignia although I amy be wrong as the express was not a unit in and of itself. The helmet is an M1 front seam swivel bale. Slightly later WWII production. You might learn more by finding the heat stamp numbers under the visor.

The are also a sigle in the liner : AM. STAV. CO. with numbers ( heat stamp numbers )? tampalam what your suggest?

?

the heat stamp number is a number stamped in to the sheet of metal before the helmet is formed this is usually found around the inside of the shell to the front on the peak area if its a McCord made shell there is a chart that uses this number to give a rough date of manufacture if there is a capital S over the top of these numbers then its a Schlueter made shell which at this point there's no chart for dating it ?

I will see it later...
    The liner mark is MINE SAFETY APPLIANCE (MSA)

The heat stamp number 275 ( A? ) without S..

?

with that number you're looking at about September 1942 manufacture which also would have originally made this a fixed bail that's been refurbished in to a swivel bail version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2