Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M-1 Fixed Bale Helmet

Article about: US Fixed bale helmet front seam has a postwar liner in it and a replaced chinstrap (repo) along with a net US or British. Liner is post war like I said I brought it back from early 70's it i

Default US M-1 Fixed Bale Helmet

US Fixed bale helmet front seam has a postwar liner in it and a replaced chinstrap (repo) along with a net US or British. Liner is post war like I said I brought it back from early 70's it is Capac marked in top. This is the only US WW2 M-1 I own. Evintually will get ww2 liner for it. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M-1 Fixed Bale Helmet   US M-1 Fixed Bale Helmet  

US M-1 Fixed Bale Helmet   US M-1 Fixed Bale Helmet  

Default us advisor vietnam 1965

I like the set up with the Vietnam era liner, the straps look like a simple hand sewn field repair , it reminds me of something a US advisor might have used in Vietnam like this photo from Newsweek Magazine 1965
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M-1 Fixed Bale Helmet  

very nice lid, i like the net and the insignia on the liner, i would leave them together.

Nice lid Tim,these nets were the most prolific worn by the AEF bound for Omaha and Utah and yet there so scarce here in the Uk,they just dont appear for sale anywhere,the liner is Korean period,but the sweatband is out of place as its dated 1979,but overall looks fine with the net in place..............