Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M-1 RS SB with Canadian Provanance

Article about: Not much I can say on this rear seam swivel bail gents as the heat stamp is obscured by paint so very hard to tell if it is a repainted late war helm or later it does have what appears to be

?

Default US M-1 RS SB with Canadian Provanance

Not much I can say on this rear seam swivel bail gents as the heat stamp is obscured by paint so very hard to tell if it is a repainted late war helm or later it does have what appears to be a sand finish as opposed to cork it is ID to the ( R 22 R ) Royal 22 Regiment and was sporting a P 55 type liner.
    The webbing on the original Westy liner was rotten so I have replaced it with an appropriate Westy of the same vintage that I was lucky enough to find through a Canadian dealer so there is a good chance this one seen service in the Canadian Army as well.
    IMO the helmets chinstrap is an earlier example and the net is a Canadian heavily faded late war two tone knotted if anyone has any thoughts I would be happy to hear them...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M-1 RS SB with Canadian Provanance   US M-1 RS SB with Canadian Provanance  

US M-1 RS SB with Canadian Provanance   US M-1 RS SB with Canadian Provanance  

US M-1 RS SB with Canadian Provanance  

Hi Mark the chin straps with the green OD buckle and metal fittings are seen on McCord made helmets from early 50's to late 50's. If the serial number is obscured by paint there is another way to tell your what you have. If you can take the liner out and take a pic of the rear seam inside the helmet I will be able to confirm this for you. If it is a McCord from the 50's the serial number starts with 'M - then 2 to 3 numbers and a letter'

?

Thanx for your help Ian sorry for the late reply I will take a couple of pics of the rear seam rim joint asap and add them to the thread...

Regards Mark